So.....
I got 20-30 calls from a number that showed up on my caller ID as 444-198. I answered and it was a man named Mike Davis, with a thick middle eastern accent, from the Federal Investigation Department. He told me that I had taken an online payday loan with Cash Net USA and I owed $370. I proceeded to explain that I did not receive $370 from anyone and I did not owe Cash Net USA. He read off my social secuirty number, home address, work address and driver's license number to show me he was legit. He then threatened me with legal action saying that there was a law suit filed against me, I was facing jail time if I didn't pay and that he felt sorry for me. I asked for proof that Cash Net USA deposited the money in my account or wrote me check and he said that they can only provide proof after I pay the debt.
Now, by this time, this man has pissed me off. I'm yelling, cussing and calling him a fraud. I hung up on him. He then called me back all day on both my cell phone and work phone. This man called me so much that I had to turn off my ringer on my work phone and completely turn off my cell phone!
I know that I did not accept a loan with Cash Net USA. So, I googled Cash Net USA and found that there is a scam where someone will call posing as a debt collector from the company. Since I'm smarter than the average bear I called Cash Net USA who had no record of me and confirmed that I have no debt with them. They were aware that there is a ring of criminals who pose as a third part of Cash Net USA. I filed a complaint as well as a report with the Federal Trade Commission.
Okay, so this all happened at about 9am. Do you know that these people are still calling me claiming that I owe $370. LOL...and when I told the man that he was a fraud and asked him his company all he could say was umm uh huh, which infuriated me. I went Judge Judy on him and told him uh huh is not an answer! I want your company name, physical address and telephone number so I can call the police. If you're a legitimate third company you will have no problem disclosing that info for payment. He hung up on me. I thought it was over...nope...still getting calls. I've filed a police report and then I'm going to put a fraud alert on my social security number.
For everyone else...please safegaurd your information. Be wary of reciepts you leave around, bills and mail offers that you throw away instead of shredding. Mr. Mike Davis might be calling you next.
I guess this man thought he could punk me. I am not that. Mr. Mike Davis, you are messing with the wrong woman!
im scared the hell out of u cuzzin, u left them know u are no punk. i jus love u
ReplyDeletelol whaaaat! ive gotten sum crazy emails with some shit like that.. telling me to cash this check and deposit this amount over etcccc.. fuck all that, i was 2 nervous to try it thou..
ReplyDelete